Guess what? We hear this exact line nearly everyday from the eDiscovery vendor community. Question is, how are you going to get this person?
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a $2MM startup or a multi-billion dollar behemoth, everyone is revenue hungry and believes they are the perfect company to work for.
Is this the person you’d like to hire?
- Not a job hopper, only two jobs in ten years
- Quota beater year after year
- President’s Club or other corporate awards
- Proven relationships with corporate legal departments or Partners at AM Law 100 firms
- Excellent knowledge of the EDRM, case workflow and litigation technology
- A subject matter expert known by others in the community
- Fire in the belly, constant desire to win
- JD or top University
I estimate there are ten people at most like this across the US. Candidates like this are hesitant to leave their current situations for many reasons. “Fear of the Unknown” often comes into play and an increase in base salary is not enough. The truth is, you have to look at the search with an Outlier set of eyes.
Glenmont Group has been very succesful at placing some of the top and most well-known salespeople with tier 1 companies in the space. Our work was a key factor in the sale price for the some of the most notable acquisitions over the past five years.
(I wrote a much longer piece on this, but my colleagues threatened to put my desk in the elevator if I didn’t abbreviate this blog. Please contact me if you are interested in my insight on how to effectively get the right person onboard with your organization. email@example.com OR 973-746-0600 x 109)